An asana (seat) of the deity Ganesha and the Yantra inside the altar
An image of the deity Ganesha and the Yantra.
An asana (seat) for the worshipper.
A water pot made of copper for offering water.
A garland made of fresh flowers.
Scents for offering to the deity.
Handspun cloth to cover the deity.
Jewelry for the deity.
Sweet or any kind of offering as food including uncooked rice.
A mixture of Yogurt with honey and cream.
The initial energizing Puja performs what is called "Shodashopchar" or worship done by sixteen articles (opchar).
2. Asana = Offering the seat while uttering mantra.
3. Padya = Washing the feet of the deity while reciting mantra.
4. Arghya = Offering uncooked rice, flowers, sandal wood paste and Turmeric as roli with grass leaves.
5. Achman = Offering of water twice while reciting mantra.
6. Achman = Again offering of water twice while reciting mantra.
7. Madhupurak = The deity is offered a cup of Yogurt mixed with a tablespoon of honey and a spoonful of cream.
8. Snana = The deity is offered a bath.
9. Vasana = The deity is offered clothes.
10. Abharana = The deity is offered jewelry.
11. Gandha = The deity is offered sandal wood paste to anoint the body.
12. Pushpa = The offering of flowers is made.
13. Dhupa = The offering of incense is made.
14. Deep = The offering of lamp is made.
15. Naivedya = The offering of the food is made.
16. Vandana = Prayer is offered.